Ark Bar Beach Resort – What’s it really like…??? [Girl friendly!!!]
Ark Bar Beach Resort in Chaweng is one of the most popular places to stay on this island of Koh Samui. This is a video documenting the Resort including looking at one of the higher end rooms and checking out the facilities and the beachfront area…
Parts of this video include:
1:29 Premier Deluxe Room
4:24 Walkways to the beach
5:10 Party Pool – very famous place and a big draw, 300 baht entry for non residents
5:55 See Through Pool
6:14 Tree Bar Pool
6:36 Beachfront with Ark 1 and Ark 2 restaurants
7:22 Drinks prices (correct as of spring 2018)
7:58 View of the beach at midnight
8:10 Map of the complex, so big!
8:27 More Premier Deluxe room views
9:43 Bathroom check
10:27 Balcony views
11:24 Room costs, booking tips and types of rooms available & overall verdict
12:19 Extra info – free BBQ, a look at a Deluxe room, nice breakfast deal, lady joiner info, checkout at 11am, 7-Eleven/Burger King/McDonald’s on the doorstep
14:02 So many rules – don’t break any!
The good, the bad and the ugly:
– Big, clean room
– Excellent central location with it’s own beach, very close to the Soi Green Mango bar area
– The main Ark Bar pool and beach is the focal point for many for the daytime and nighttime party scene, so you are right at the heart of the action
– 3 pools including the world famous Party Pool
– 2 nice big restaurants right on the beach with good views
– Plenty of staff around if you need anything
– 7-Eleven, Burger King and McDonald’s are right on your doorstep
– In the daytime there were dozens of scantily clad ladies showing off the latest in bikini fashion here. Wear sunglasses guys 😉
– Guest friendly, no extra charges for bringing back a lady
– Not much privacy for some ground floor rooms with 100s of people walking past your room daily
– No fitness center, but this seems standard for most hotels in Chaweng
– Be aware planes fly overhead from around 6am to 10pm, but this is standard for central Chaweng.
– Bar noise, the music plays from 2pm-2am and the rooms closest the beach are more affected by this (best to specify if you want a quiet or noisy room)
– Fellow guests might be loud and obnoxious, but this is a lottery really…
– So many rules, if you break some you could find yourself out of pocket by a few thousand baht of even kicked out of the resort!
Overall: I really liked the Ark Bar Beach Resort and wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. It certainly was a memorable place to stay and it was great to be right in the heart of the action.
I was very surprised how nice my room was for a party hotel, as I was expecting much less. I really liked eating breakfast / lunch at the Ark 2 restaurant, the food was ok and the views were good.
I liked the party pool, it was great to have a few beers sitting at the swimming pool bar in the sunshine…
I recommend Ark Bar Beach Resort to younger visitors (18-30) or more open minded travellers. It’s definitely not a place for everyone and I can see how many people could be put off by the noise which resonates through the resort from 2pm-2am. I really liked it though 🙂